Deadline: 21 July 2022
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Management Specialist in New York, United States.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Management Specialist will the following functions:
- Design and develop projects and initiatives in line with UNAOC mandate in advancing intercultural and interreligious dialogue and promoting diversity and countering all forms of racism and xenophobia based on religion or belief
- Conceptualize a policy guide on combating all forms of racism and xenophobia based on religion or belief including (anti-Muslim hatred, antisemitism, Christianiophobia)
- Implement existing programs and activities within the same area of work.
- Establish new and maintain existing institutional working partnerships with regional and international organizations.
- Establish new partnerships with civil society organizations with relevant activities.
- Develop tailored policies and or action plans for the inclusion of youth living in diverse communities (multiethnic, multi religious and multicultural)
- Organize in-person and/or virtual training/workshops and/or study tours demonstrating good practices in social cohesion and social inclusion in diverse communities.
- Write concept notes and project documents, project management duties for execution of projects, including tracking overall project progress, communicating with partners and stakeholders, donor reporting and project review.
Applicants must have:
- Masters or equivalent) preferably in international relations, management or in a related area is required.
- First-level university degree in combination with qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 5 years experience of professional work experience in managing and coordinating portfolios of projects, including managing projects related to UNAOC’s mandate is required
- Experience in managing multi-donor portfolio of projects and programmes is required
- Experience in building successful partnerships and networking with a wide range of external partners including the private sector and civil society organizations is desirable
- Track record in strong Interpersonal skills working in a diverse environment desirable
- Proven experience in human rights principles particularly in relevance to freedom of religion and belief, countering racism, discrimination and xenophobia based on religion or belief
- In depth knowledge and understanding of interfaith and cultural diversity -related issues
- Fluency written and spoken English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.