Deadline: 18 July 2022
The International Labour Organization (ILO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Labour Migration Specialist in New Delhi, India.
The mission of the ILO is to promote rights at work, encourage decent employment opportunities, enhance social protection and strengthen dialogue on work-related issues.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Labour Migration Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide support to constituents in the development and implementation of labour migration policies, including through the backstopping of a portfolio of migration projects in the sub-region.
- Develop and implement a gender-sensitive strategy on labour migration at country and subregional level, aligned with the priorities on labour migration in Decent Work Country Programmes and ILO’s Programme and Budget.
- Promote the ratification of ILO Conventions related to migration, the ILC 2017 Resolutions concerning fair and effective labour migration governance, the application of the ILO Multilateral Framework on Labour Migration and the implementation of the ILO Fair Migration Agenda and the Fair Recruitment Initiative in subregional and national labour contexts. Prepare policy briefs, presentations and discussions based on an analysis of data, information or policy guidelines.
- Promote the integration of gender-specific considerations in all activities and strategies on labour migration.
- Establish and strengthen a network of ILO country-level officials dealing with labour migration for their continuous capacity development, information sharing and identifying country-level priorities related to the migration field. Develop a database of good practices and knowledge products, linked to the ILO global good practices database on labour migration policies and programmes. Develop a roster of migration experts/consultants.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in economics and/or social sciences.
- At least 8 years’ experience, of which at least five years at the international level in the field of international labour migration.
- Excellent command of English.
- Knowledge of another official language (French, Spanish) of the Organization or a language of the South Asia region would be an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit ILO.