Deadline: 22 July 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Health Specialist (Immunization) in Lilongwe, Malawi.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Health Specialist (Immunization) will perform the following functions:
- Expansion of cold chain capacity at national and sub-national levels
- Strengthening coordination and vaccine management at central and sub-national levels
- Strengthening the capacity of health care workers and programme managers on vaccine management and logistics, especially at the health facility level
- Support emergency preparedness for vaccine-preventable disease outbreaks at all levels
- Ensure accurate, complete and up to date programme management information is available for effective programme design, implementation, budget preparation, management, and monitoring and reporting
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Paediatric Health, Child Development, Child Health, Nutrition, Epidemiology, Public Administration, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
- 5 year’s of professional work experience in planning, programming, implementation monitoring and evaluation of Health/Immunization programmes.
- Professional work experience in a technical expert position related to child survival & health care.
- Experience in an interdisciplinary approach in strategic immunization initiatives is essential.
- Knowledge of UN and/or UNICEF’s work in humanitarian action is desirable.
- Experience and proficiency in reports development, research reports, and strategic notes articulation is highly required.
- Knowledge, skills, and experience in community capacity building is an asset.
- Background and/or familiarity with emergency is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English and a local language (Chichewa), both strong verbal and written skills, is essential.
- Nationality of Malawi/
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.