You are here: Home / Administration / Programme Assistant at UNICEF, Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
Deadline: 03 October 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Facilitating the processing of contracts for consultants, vendors and external partners that support the office in programme delivery.
- Collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION and Mycase.
- Preparing and maintaining records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures.
- Supporting the management of administrative supplies and office equipment.
- Maintaining office calendar and arranging meetings. Taking minutes of meetings and keeping the correspondence of the team well organized.
- Providing travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaising with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Maintaining and updating a system which monitors the absence of staff.
- Preparing and maintaining records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring programme results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Supporting capacity development activities, meetings and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts; arranging times through liaising with participants over availability; liaising with budget focal points and section over costs and needs; and preparing background materials for participants.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or local language of the duty station is considered as an asset.
- Nationality of Bangladesh.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.