Deadline: 30 September 2022
The Wikimedia Foundation is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Major Gifts Stewardship Manager in California, United States.
The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that operates Wikipedia – one of the most popular websites in the world, serving nearly half a billion users every month – and its sister sites. It is the only non-profit in the top 50 companies, supported by a community of millions of individual donors.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Major Gifts Stewardship Manager will perform the following functions
- Leading the strategy and execution of our annual, scaled fundraising campaigns to raise gifts of $1,000 and above. Guiding a team of experienced specialists responsible for implementation of our fundraising campaigns, including campaign management and production. Coordination with digital fundraising and fundraising operations team leaders to ensure effective campaigns and to find mutually beneficial innovations.
- Leading the strategy and execution of our major donor stewardship communications. Guiding the specialist responsible for content generation and coordinating with gift officers and Endowment team to understand their needs and collaborate with them to generate solutions.
- Driving efficiencies and improvements to our campaigns and communications with the goal of increasing acquisition, retention and upgrades.
- Managing the grant writing and grant reporting processes, including ensuring grantors receive appropriate stewardship. Guiding the specialist responsible for grant writing and reporting. Assist Sr. Director in driving improvements to grants management processes, including purpose-restricted grant applications, grant writing, and grant reporting processes to support future increases in grant funding.
- Partnering with gift officers and fundraising leaders to pilot new creative experiments to optimize the donor experience including acquisition and retention, as well as initiatives around upgrades and engagement.
Supervising external vendor relationships, as needed.
- Ensuring campaigns and projects are operating on schedule, while balancing cross-team coordination, and unanticipated opportunities.
- Collaborating with other teams and departments in the Foundation to identify, foster and realize opportunities to enhance organizational impact.
- Implementing best practices for cultural inclusivity to ensure project work reflects diverse perspectives.
- Ensuring the team has the tools they need to execute campaigns, make data-driven decisions, and expand learning opportunities.
- Modeling leadership that cultivates a collaborative, positive, and respectful team culture; serving as a collaborative thought partner across teams at the Foundation.
Applicants must have:
- Team management experience; ability to creatively solve a wide range of challenges and build trust with the team.
- Experience leading annual fund and/or major donor fundraising campaigns
- Coach and mentor mindset with high emotional intelligence: evidenced by humility, tact, compassion, high levels of integrity, and good listening skills.
- Skilled in applying data and insights to develop strategic initiatives and measure results.
- Ability to lead in a fast-paced environment, while effectively prioritizing and leading a variety of activities with multiple or competing priorities.
- Ability to anticipate risks, resolve conflicts, and initiate escalation paths.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to and belief in equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within a large team distributed across multiple time zones
- Ability to work in an open, transparent, and collaborative environment, while respecting donor confidentiality and data security.
- Work experience or equivalent degree
- Experience working with a distributed team
- Experience working with volunteer-led, non-profit organizations
- Experience collaborating with technical teams
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Wikimedia Foundation.