Deadline: 04 September 2022
The Italian Agency for Development Cooperation is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of International Program Officer – Operations in Libya. The duration of this project is 12 months.
AICS – the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation – is one of key innovations established by the Italian law on international cooperation (Law No. 125/2014). The Agency began operating in January 2016, with the aim of aligning Italy with its principal European and global partners in the endeavour of development.
Key Job Responsibilities
The International Program Officer – Operations will perform the following functions
- Assist the Programme Team Leader in the implementation of the Operational Plan of activities, the Programme operations and monitoring, the management of grants and outsourced services, progress/interim reporting, relevant follow up action.
- Provide support in the preparation of technical documents, reports (e.g. Quarterly Information Notes, Annual reports and final reports) and Programme related documents and contracts, ToRs,,,calls for grant awards;
- Contribute to processing of tenders for service contracts and calls for proposals for grant awards, including preparation of tenders’ technical specifications (according to the EU thresholds);
- Assist in the interaction between the PMU and (i) implementing partners/service providers, with regards to programmatic matters; (ii) Libyan central and local authorities to expedite operations (e.g. custom clearance, approvals, etc.);
- Assist in the management of grants with regard to administrative, procurement, legal, and financial compliance in coordination with the PMU Financial/Administrative Section;
- Contribute to the development of concepts and innovative approaches to best achieve the expected results;
- Perform other relevant activities as required
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in international Relations, Political and Social Sciences, Economics, International Development (level 7 European Qualification Framework EQF). Other degrees may be accepted in the presence of 3 years of relevant technical experience
- At least 6 years of relevant technical experience on development and/or humanitarian relief programmes/projects;
- At least 3 years of field experience in programme/project management with international organizations, governmental and/or non-governmental aid bodies on socio-economic development and/or humanitarian relief programmes/projects in developing countries.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English (C1 Level – Common European Framework of Reference);
- Proficiency Italian language user (C1 Level – Common European Framework of Reference);
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications;
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit Italian Agency for Development Cooperation.