You are here: Home / Tanzania / WASH Assistant at DRC, Kibondo, Tanzania
Deadline: 15 September 2022
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of WASH Assistant in Kibondo, Tanzania.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The WASH Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Support Team Leader at community levels in identifying, mobilizing and sensitizing target communities for sanitation and hygiene promotion.
- Support mapping out communities for village sanitation improvement, especially during CLTS/PHAST role out exercise.
- Mobilization of beneficiary/communities to maintain the established/rehabilitated/protected water sources.
- Support formation and training of Water supply and sanitation committees for the established/rehabilitated/protected water sources.
- Participate in collection of useful data success stories and beneficiary lists as required.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/reports and proposals for donors.
- Presenting technical data or project results; both technical and non-technical.
- Together with the Hygiene and Sanitation Officer, WASH Assistant is required to do proper daily supervision of construction of sanitation facilities i.e. construction of various types of latrines including household latrines, family shared and PSN latrines, decommissioning and replacement of full family shared latrines and installation of handwashing facilities.
- Together with the WASH Engineer, WASH Assistant is required to participate in performing geo-physical survey, designing of water network, establishment of BOQ and supervise the construction of water network with proper fittings as well as establishment of COWSO for project sustainability.
Applicants must have:
- Minimum of Diploma in Water Supply Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or WASH related course from recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience in implementing WASH projects specifically in area of water, hygiene and sanitation.
- Thorough knowledge of WASH national and international standards.
- Strong competence in English literacy.
- Proven skills in computer programs (Word, Excel; Epanet, Auto card etc)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent skills in report writing and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work in emergency.
- To establish effective working relations with other team members and other stakeholders.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.