Deadline: 12 October 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Technical Officer in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Technical Officer will perform the following functions:
- Develop GIS tools using ArcGIS Python scripts, produce GIS applications and GIS services with ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS server.
- Maintain and update the Regional GIS Portal for health emergencies by updating the geodatabase repository, map stories, dashboards and signal and events application, and cooperating with system administrators to ensure the smooth running and accessibility of GIS services.
- Produce infographics and thematic maps for operational, reporting and monitoring purposes.
- Participate in the development and implementation of capacity-building activities related to GIS.
- Provide technical input in the implementation of the IT platforms and DHIS2 in the Region by setting new instances, customizing the platform and building new data sets.
- Work closely with the country offices to support the emergency health Information systems and GIS related activities and maintain the contact lists of GIS network.
- Perform any other related incident-specific duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
Applicants must have:
- University degree in information or data management, GIS, computer science, statistics or a relevant field.
- Advanced university degree in computer science, health statistics, epidemiology and/or information management.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in GIS and information management with experience in complex emergencies and humanitarian settings.
- Prior experience in humanitarian work at field level, with WHO/UN agencies, or with an international nongovernmental organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of health information principles.
- Excellent skills in the assessment, monitoring, analysis and evaluation of emergency health situations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in developing and using different tools of information management including Geographic Information Systems (GIS), and in developing decision support and planning tools for emergency preparedness and response.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, with emphasis on writing skills.
- Sound analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic.
- Knowledge of French would be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.