Deadline: 07 August 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior IT Operations Associate in Washington DC, United States.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior IT Operations Associate will perform the following functions:
- Manage and coordinate a team of IT support staff including the capacity building of staff, to ensure individual and team objectives are met in compliance with all relevant regulations and policies.
- Provide training and advice to clients and end users of IT services, understand and resolve issues and ensure IT policies, procedures, systems and tools are correctly applied to assist WFP staff in conducting their work.
- Coordinate the collation of a range of complex data, conduct data analysis, including the impact of changes, and support the development of accurate reports in order to identify and recommend solutions.
- Oversee the maintenance of systems and hardware by junior technology assistants to ensure technology is running effectively for WFP staff.
- Develop and deploy a variety of documentation and equipment for use by WFP staff to ensure staff have access to the required IT services and products.
- Manage the implementation of new standard applications in order to provide WFP staff with the tools they need to perform effectively.
- Work with groups in IT service delivery and other staff to understand needs and support the development of integrated IT support services.
- Provide support to users, log and analyse all requests for support in accordance with standard processes, to support staff to deliver their services.
- Support the development and implementation of plans for the delivery of a full range of IT services and improvements to methods and processes in order to meet operational requirements.
- Follow set emergency response processes and procedures as required to provide support in enabling emergency food assistance needs to be met.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area.
- 7 or more years of progressively responsible work experience in the area of Information Technology (including one year at the G6 level for internal candidates).
- Experience in working with the United Nations common systems, international or non-governmental organizations.
- Experience working in a fast-paced digital environment and with emerging technologies.
- Experience in working with unified communication infrastructure (telephony infrastructure) Windows Server and Windows environments, including Active Directory Management and MS packages, Office 365, LAN/WAN environments.
- Experience in hardware and software troubleshooting, and in resolving complex technical issues.
- Experience participating in the development of IT governance processes.
- Experience building relationship with the business counterparts of key IT initiatives.
- Experience in supporting senior staff.
- Knowledge of the Apple ecosystem and video-conferencing equipment.
- Knowledge of Information Technology (ITIL) certifications.
- Working knowledge (proficiency/FAO level C) of English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.