Deadline: 17 September 2022
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Programme Officer in Khartoum, Sudan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Programme Officer will perform the following functions:
- State-level support to Nutrition and WASH sectors coordination: Report progress and follow-up on action points raised at State or National level. Organizing of TWGs, SAGs, and ensure partners’ participation. Planning, implementation, reporting, and monitoring also to explore and establish avenues to ensure
- Inter-sectoral linkages and Integration: Identify and analyze common sectoral concerns, improve inter-sectoral/ multi-sectoral linkages. Finally, come up with a strategy and game plan.
- Following up, reporting and communication in-between state and national sectors: Mobilize reporting and information sharing by partners, contacts updated, and inclusion of new partners
- Support and guide preparation of State-level emergency contingency planning and preparedness: Contingency plans in consultation with partners, including prepositioning supplies – arranging for supplies to partners, emergency contacts, capacity mapping rapid needs assessment tool/s, and initiating assessment where more evidence is needed.
- Support the management of Infection Prevention Control (IPC) for pandemic and other related disease outbreak: sector related guidance, country and state updates, ensure IPC supplies.
- Develop preparedness and response plans, ensure implementation and improvisation.
- Encourage/ support/guide partners to update financial tracking of WASH/Nutrition sector partners: Fund tracking using appropriate tools, guide partners to update the Fund Tracking System (FTS)
- Assist in reviewing WASH/Nutrition national guidelines, also follow up on the Cluster coordination performance monitoring (CCPM) survey and outcomes: Follow up and ensure implementation of CCPM action plans. Work on Nutrition and WASH sector standards and guidelines. Support social cohesion, risk communication and community engagement and assist in Capacity Building.
Applicants must have:
- An advanced university degree (Master’s or higher) in Public Health / Medicine and other WASH and Nutrition-related qualification
- Working knowledge of WASH and Nutrition-related issues is required.
- Minimum 2 ear’s experience with the WASH and Nutrition programs.
- 5 years of experience working in humanitarian or health/public health.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. The candidate is required to draft plans, response reports in English as well communicate to partners.
- Knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.