You are here: Home / Administration / Programme Assistant at WHO, Accra, Ghana
Deadline: 10 September 2022
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Assistant in Accra, Ghana. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Initiate correspondence projects on the orientation of Program Managers; finalize them in accordance with WHO and departmental styles and check language, grammar and accuracy before submission or approval and signature;
- Organize the administrative preparation of internal and external meetings, including the preparation of business plans in GSM / Oracle, letters of invitation, cost estimates and travel requests; assist in the preparation of documents; sending materials and liaising with participants and others involved;An
- Analyze correspondence and requests received, highlight incoming documents and attach background information and identify areas requiring action by Program Managers, drawing attention to important issues. Schedule meetings of Program Administrators, according to schedules and needs; takeminutesof meetings and follow up on issues requiring action to ensure prompt response to WHO requests;
- Obtain information documents for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. which Program Administrators take part in, verify their availability and ensure that they have the appropriate information files and documents;
- Ensure that technical reports and documents conform to WHO standards, rules, practices, procedures and editing style and correct them as necessary prior to submission to the Representative’s signature.
- Use appropriate monitoringtools, monitor and ensure deadlines and deadlines are met, and correspondence and requests are analyzed and processed as soon as possible;
- Use GSM to prepare requests for official travel by Program Administrators. Make airline and hotel reservations, prepare travelrecords and handle other related matters uponrequest;
- Perform other related duties as required or directed, including support to the Administration and the Representative’s Office.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school followed by administrative training.
- Diploma in Secretarial science or management or Administration from recognized university/college.
- Minimum 5 years of experience program and administrative support positions in a recognized public or private institution.
- Experience in administrative support positions within WHO or another UN agency is an asset.
- Experience in Oracle-based systems or another ERP-like system is an asset.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.