Deadline: 06 December 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Policy Officer in Accra, Ghana. The duration of this project is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Policy Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the work carried out by technical or policy officers from headquarters or out-posted staff in the Decentralized Offices in relation to policy and governance work under the FAO Strategic Framework;
- Advocate strategic partnerships, best practices and policy dialogue in support of enhanced governance for food security and nutrition , sustainable agriculture and food systems;
- Participate in specialized or multidisciplinary teams, and high-level policy analysis missions or projects, policy networks and/or international policy setting bodies;
- Interact with UN Regional and Country teams to improve cross-sectorial policies and strategies concerning food security and nutrition and sustainable development;
- Support the analysis by the Regional Office of regional and country-level issues to provide input into the identification of country and regional priorities and requirements;
- Design, implement and monitor regional and subregional policy work programmes and the supporting budgets and/or resourcing strategies;
- Plan, organize and participate in capacity development activities involving the provision of technical advice and assistance, and oversees the development of related materials, on-line tools and information kits.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in political sciences, agricultural economics, development economics, rural sociology, food security, nutrition, sustainable agriculture (including livestock, forestry and fisheries), or related field.
- 7 year’s of relevant experience in policy advice and analysis relating to food security and nutrition , agriculture and rural development, monitoring and evaluation of policies and programmes.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.