Deadline: 20 July 2022
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Legal Associate in New York, United States.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Legal Associate will the following functions:
- Drafts, edits, proofreads, finalizes and processes legal correspondence and communications with internal and external stakeholders, including senior management and external partners, for internal clearances, approval and signature; monitors requisite follow-up actions.
- Provides secretarial, administrative and logistics support to internal and external meetings, boards, committees or conferences on legal matters, including assisting in the preparation of minutes, draft summaries, reports, notes, documents, etc.; track status of meetings; monitor follow-up actions.
- Compiles, organizes and reviews legal information and legal reference materials from various sources for internal and external meetings, briefings, work plans, legal reports, conferences, etc.
- Supports Legal Advisors of the Legal Group in providing efficient and consistent legal advice to clients by setting up internal knowledge management systems (for example, by setting up document libraries, maintaining and reviewing internal processes and intranet sites, reviewing existing legal templates, etc).
- Assists in the preparation of legal documents for electronic storage, access and circulation/publication, including document scanning and conversion, review of content and extraction of key data and text excerpts for categorization and indexing purposes, etc.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary education required.
- Diploma or University Degree preferably in law or related field would be desirable, and may substitute for some of the required years of experience, but it is not a requirement.
- At least 6 years of experience providing support to a legal office/government agency/international organization is required;
- Experience working as a paralegal or legal assistant in a law firm, international or multilateral organisation is a strong asset;
- Experience with legal drafting and an ability to draft concisely, under time pressure is highly desired;
- Experience with the usage of Google Suite / Workplace is desired;
- UN experience is desirable but not a requirement.
- Fluency in English and Spanish, both written and verbal, is required;
- Knowledge of French is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.