Deadline: 18 September 2022
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Head of Programme in Cairo, Egypt. The duration of this post is 1 year.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Head of Programme will perform the following functions:
- Contribute to the formulation of WFP-wide programme policies in line with both organisational strategy and the practical realities of operating in the field, translating programme policy into Regional/Country level practices and developing programme guidance and implementation modalities and operations to ensure a clear and strong connection between HQ, the regional bureau and field operations.
- Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of strategic documents such as country strategic plans and budget revisions, ensuring alignment with corporate guidance, programme policies and guidance, to clarify ambiguities and ensure that programme operations are consistent with WFP policies, Executive Board decisions, and other relevant guidance.
- Provide technical advice or mobilise technical expertise on programme and policy issues including assessment and analysis, the choice of objectives, activities, transfer modalities and appropriate food products, the deployment and testing of innovative approaches and the development of strategies to support government efforts to reduce hunger and malnutrition.
- Establish and maintain operational partnerships to identify opportunities for collaborative approaches and initiatives that improve assistance packages and support advocacy work, liaising with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Advise and support the development of functional training in areas of expertise to enhance the capacity of WFP staff and partners to design and deliver effective food assistance programmes, particularly related to theories of change, WFP’s Strategic Plan, and other strategic issues related to programme cycle.
- Manage the preparation and dissemination of timely analytical and critical reports, publications, and a variety of information products or proposals for internal or external use.
- Lead the programme cycle unit, developing an annual workplan and budget, while developing a team and motivating staff to enable high performance.
- Other tasks as required
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition /Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Minimum 5 years post graduate, progressively responsible experience in leading strategic planning in a variety of contexts; leadership of implementing programmes; and engagement in policy discussions and decisions is required.
- Fluency in oral and written communication in English and Arabic languages required.
- Nationality of Egypt.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.