Deadline: 21 July 2022
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Head of Programme in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Head of Programme will perform the following functions:
- Programme Strategy, Management & Development
- Guide and contribute to sustainable programme growth and quality aligned with the Country and Area strategies.
- Oversee effective, efficient and timely implementation of all projects according to agreed contracts, budgets, policies and in accordance with specific donor requirements.
- Foster synergies between programme Areas and supporting integrated approaches where applicable.
- Support the Country Director to ensure effective coordination and visibility of the implementation of the projects with all humanitarian and development actors and in advocacy at all levels.
- Fundraising, Grants & External Relations
- Along with Grants and External Relations Manager, ensure clear fundraising strategy is in place, and followed, to maximize growth of Bangladesh programming.
- Manage delivery of all concept notes, proposals, modifications and donor reports in coordination with other departments and in line with DRC HQ/Region and donor requirements.
- Lead strategic direction of proposals, and quality assure deliverables ahead of timely submission.
- Oversee government approval processes to ensure FD6/7s are secured in line with requirements and in a timely manner.
- Facilitate accurate and detailed budgeting to make sure timely and coherent budget preparation for all new proposals and budget revisions.
- Ensure appropriate, compliant and targeted external communications to raise the profile of DRC and ensure strong visibility of programming, assuring reputation and supporting fundraising.
Applicants must have:
- Degree in relevant subject e.g. Social Sciences, International Development, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 7 years’ experience in managing complex programme operations in humanitarian or development contexts, including 3 years in senior management.
- Experience working in complex operating environments, including in conflict-affected environments.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in proposal development, budget development, programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to think and work strategically and creatively, with attention to detail and experience in troubleshooting and problem solving in complex settings.
- Proven leadership skills and competence in people management and leading by example.
- Proven experience in effectively coordinating with national governments, and international, and national NGO partners.
- Proven experience in managing a diverse programme portfolio and comprehensive budget oversight.
- Full professional proficiency in English is required.
- English (Advanced level).
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.