You are here: Home / Administration / Fishery Officer at Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), Rome, Italy
Deadline: 28 July 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Fishery Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Fishery Officer will perform the following functions-
- Research and analyse technical, social, economic, environmental, institutional, and technology related information, data and statistics and/or related policy issues to support the delivery of programme projects, products and services.
- Produce a variety of technical information, data, statistics and reports as well as input for technical documents and web pages.
- Provide technical support/analysis to various assessments, studies and initiatives and provides technical backstopping to field projects.
- Collaborate in the development of improved/updated tools, systems, processes and databases.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary teams, and/or leads working groups/teams collaborates with other divisions and agencies on work groups and committees and promotes best practices.
- Collaborate in, provides technical backstopping to and ensures the quality/effectiveness of capacity development activities within Member Countries such as policy support, organizational development and individual learning events, including preparation of related information, learning materials on-line tools.
- Promote knowledge sharing and best practices at international meetings and conferences and influences partners in stakeholder consultations.
- Support resource mobilization activities in accordance with the FAO Corporate Strategy.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in agricultural/fishery economics, food science/technology, business administration or other fields relevant to food value chains.
- 5 year’s of relevant experience in food value chain development and related fields.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.