Deadline: 26 August 2022
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Assistant in Bangkok, Thailand.
UNOPS mission is to serve people in need by expanding the ability of the United Nations, governments and other partners to manage projects, infrastructure, and procurement in a sustainable and efficient manner.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Assistant will the following functions:
- Ensure implementation of operational strategies and procedures , focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Provides data entry support and approval of vendor profiles , focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Ensuring that correct bank information of staff, consultants and vendors is in the system.
- Update of banking details as required.
- Verification of the sequences and codes of international and local banks.
- Ensuring that there is no double entry.
- Daily corroboration and approval, according to UNOPS procedures, of vendor profiles.
- Proper control of the supporting documents for approval of vendor profiles, ensuring full compliance of financial processes and financial records with UNOPS rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
- Verification of all information including intermediary banking details of the vendor profiles forms to ensure that it is accurate prior to approval.
- Provision of guidance and support to all out-posted staff on the processes, procedures and regulations.
- Review of supplier registration form and supporting documentation for UNOPS supplier/vendors.
- Approve supplier profiles that are correctly set up in UNOPS ERP in line with established policies and FG’s supplier management guidelines.
- Ensure that supporting documentation is stored according to the agreed filing system.
- Run closing period and regular reports for monitoring of data quality as requested by Team Lead.
- Assist Team Lead in cleanup exercises of the supplier database.
- Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/ projects staff on correct procedures for vendor profiles.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
- Specialized training in finance is desirable.
- A BA or MA degree may substitute some of the required years of work experience.
- 3 years of relevant accounting and/or financial experience at national level is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages and experience in handling web-based management systems is desired.
- Fluency in written and oral English required.
- Knowledge of a second UN working language is desired.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNOPS.