Deadline: 26 August 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Emergency and Rehabilitation Officer in Accra, Ghana. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Emergency and Rehabilitation Officer will perform the following functions-
- Plans and leads components of multi-disciplinary teams, coordinates, and/or participates in Organization-wide committees, and provides technical expertise to international committees and working groups;
- Develops and updates the supporting approach, methodology, tools, systems/databases, policies and/or standards to support programme delivery and specific objectives, services and outputs of Divisional teams focusing on (i) humanitarian policy, interagency collaboration and mobilization of emergency resources; (ii) food chain crisis, special operations, level 3 emergency preparedness, early warning and support to transition; and/or (iii) programming to integrate resilience into FAO planning at all levels;
- Develops position papers, proposals and/or policy briefs to support humanitarian policy development, and coordination and liaison with international partners such as the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC), WFP, UNHCR, UNICEF, NGOs and other humanitarian groups involved in emergency and recovery activities;
- Undertakes FAO emergency needs assessment activities and missions, conducts food and nutrition security assessments and analysis, coordinates in-country early warning alerts, and coordinates with all partners;
- Provides technical support to ongoing operational emergency and recovery projects and programmes and related capacity development in countries, and Regional and Subregional Offices, supported with Standard Operating Procedures, surge mechanisms and Level-3 capable response systems;
- Promotes best practices and provides technical support/services to Decentralized Offices to facilitate emergency programming, resource mobilization, and integration of emergency and development work in countries, as well as to provide capacity during critical phases of emergencies;
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in agriculture, economics, business management and international relations or other fields related to the work of the Organization.
- 7 year’s of relevant experience in public and/or private sectors related to programming, planning and technical cooperation in food and agriculture, including experience in developing countries, especially in countries that are vulnerable to disaster or other emergency risks.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.