Deadline: 01 September 2022
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economist in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Economist will perform the following functions-
- Plans and leads components of multi-disciplinary teams and short term work groups, leads and/or participates in Divisional teams, participates in Organization-wide committees, project teams and working groups and provides specialized expertise on international technical networks and or technical policy and standard setting bodies.
- Develops technical, statistical, analytical, monitoring and reporting frameworks, and related tools, methodologies, systems and databases etc. to support the planning, implementation/delivery and monitoring of the programmes of work, products, projects and services.
- Designs and conducts research, data collection, validation, analysis and/or reporting activities to support the development of technical standards, international instruments, innovative tools and methodologies, flagship publications/technical reports and/or policy proposals as well as the provision of technical specialist and/or policy advice and expertise.
- Responds to requests and provides technical/policy advice, assistance and solutions to Regional, Subregional and Country Offices and provides technical backstopping to field projects.
- Promotes international cooperation and collaboration, advocates best practices and increased policy dialogue, and provides technical expertise at international meetings and conferences.
- Collaborates in capacity development activities involving knowledge sharing, the organization of training workshops, seminars and meetings, as well as the development of related materials and on-line tools and information kits.
- Participates in resource mobilization activities in accordance with Corporate Strategy and Divisional plans.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced university degree in economics, agricultural economics or a related field.
- 7 year’s of relevant experience in economic and quantitative analysis of food and agricultural issues, natural resources use, agricultural and rural development or related areas.
- Working knowledge (proficient – level C) of English and limited knowledge (intermediate – level B) of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.